Digital AV Adapter - Black frame around iPad screen, but not videos (pic inside)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by imacericg, Mar 25, 2011.

1. imacericg macrumors regular

I have the Digital AV Adapter and when I plug it in, I get a black frame around the iPad screen in both portrait and landscape mode. This is not the black bars on the side that I should be expecting, its a black frame around everything, see the picture below.

When I load a movie, it takes up the full screen, which makes me believe its not a TV setting.

Any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Emzy-121 macrumors newbie

I have experienced this with my iPad as well .. Unsure as to why this is happening .. I have a cartoon hd app which has movies and the movies are in a tiny little box in the middle of the screen .. However, when I connect my iPhone .. It is presented in full screen on the HDTV .. Strange

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Aspect ratio. Your iPad has a certain aspect ratio which doesn't match that of your TV. Your video content, however, is probably a closer match if not the same (depends on the content).

4. hungx macrumors 6502

hungx

I think the OP is referring to the black borders at the top and bottom of the picture, not the ones on the sides.

----------

Have you tried using the adapter with another TV?