Digital AV Adapter question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by brosx3, Jun 26, 2011.

1. brosx3 macrumors member

So I'm using the AV adapter with the iPad2 and for the life of me I can't get it to mirror the screen. It only flashes on the tv, as if a cable is loose or something, though everything is plugged in securely. I've tried every angle, bought a new HDMI cable and nothing has worked. Has anyone had this issue or any recommendations?

2. gatearray macrumors 65816

How old is your TV? Have you used this same HDMI port with any other device like your cable box?

There are a lot of wonky HDMI inputs out there, if it ain't that, then it's either your cable or the Digital A/V adapter itself. It should just work. :)

3. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

I have had no problems using the new AV Adaptor with my iPad2 and my Sony NX710...works perfectly...

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

What brand and model TV do you have and what resolutions does it support ?

5. MuggleReviewer macrumors member

MuggleReviewer

I travel with mine and have used it without a problem in many hotels. However, there were one or two older tvs that had HDMI ports but just didn't support the resolution (I assume) and the picture never came up. The tvs in question were the really thick old school flat panels and given that so many others had worked I didn't think twice about it. Long story short I would test out the cable on a friend's tv just to make sure where the problem is coming from.

6. brosx3 thread starter macrumors member

Well after a couple hours of tinkering, I got it to play video. The HBO Go Application doesn't seem to work well but that might be a resolution issue. Thanks for the help guys.