digital camcorder (good quality low price) ..??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by truz, May 8, 2008.

1. truz macrumors 6502a

truz

I'm looking to purchase 2 digital camcorders for a upcoming wedding. The groom/bride will be recording the night out before the wedding and the day/night of the wedding. Looking for something good in quality, format can be edited (on computer that is) and not too high in price. Would love to stay under $300/each (not including extra memory/tapes for recording).

Anyone have anything they can recommend?

2. truz thread starter macrumors 6502a

truz

3. soyboy macrumors newbie

Check out camcorderinfo.comlots of info and reviews. You have to decide on a format, in order range likely DVD vs. Mini DV tapes. Personally I would look at the Canon ZR 930 with Mini DV.

4. trip1ex macrumors 68000

I have a like new ZR800 Canon that I'll sell ya. (#1 rated in Consumer Reports for minDV cameras the last time around.) It's miniDV and quality is quite good. Used once. Bought about a month ago so CAnon warranty is still good. Same thing as the new model line. I'm in Colorado too. If you're in the Denver area you can look at it. I have it on craigslist as well. I can throw in some extras like miniDV tapes and Firewire cable for transferring footage to your computer. PM me if you're interested.

5. aafuss1 macrumors 68000

aafuss1

I bought a ZR800 (called the MD120 in Australia as mine is a PAL model) as well due to it having a 35x optical zoom and a mic input.

Paid $199 at Target-it was reduced down to that price from $400.