Digital camera problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mrderisory, Dec 25, 2007.

1. mrderisory macrumors member

Sorry if this isn't the right place. I don't really see where else this would go...

( my computer is the powerbook g4)

and i just got digital camera for christmas, its a Fujifilm Finepix Z10fd.

Ok, so I ran the disc it encouraged me to restart my computer... I did so. Then plugged my camera into my comp via usb and...... nada. Nothing happens. I don't know if "something" is even suppose to happen.

But I would assume similar to the Ipod it would pop up on my desktop and I'd open it up and save the media onto my computer? Yes? No?

Please help me :(

2. NAG macrumors 68030

NAG

Nope, doesn't necessarily pop up and almost never does anything automatic when it comes to cameras.

Here is how to download pictures from a camera using iPhoto:

Applications (folder) > iPhoto (application)

The next part depends on what version of iPhoto you have. You'll probably have iphoto recognize the camera automatically when you plug the camera in an turn it on though (you need iPhoto open unless you have it set up to launch automatically, which you can do in the iPhoto preferences).

3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Well, NAG's way will likely work, but that's the HARD way :D

Go into your camera's settings menu and look for the choices to choose how the camera appears to your computer, and chose "removable disk" or possibly "mass storage device" and clik ok.

Then turn the cam on & plug it into your MB.....it will show up on your desktop as a hard drive icon w/ the camera's name and/or model number under it. then clik to open it like any other disk. There will probably be 2 folders, one of them called "DCIM" or what not. Then there will probably be another folder inside that one, thats the one that will have the pics in it.

Just highlight them & drag to the desktop, then eject the camera by dragging it to the trash or use right clik to "eject" it.

PS>>>> Viewing or working on the photos while the cam is still plugged into the MB will drain the batteries quickly, so always eject the cam, then open the pix in your favorite viewer/imaging app afterwards :p

4. IMcD23 macrumors regular

IMcD23

Iowa, United States, Earth, Milky Way, . . .
    i agree with you both, if the first one doesn't work the second one might, though every camera is different:rolleyes:

5. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

Both ways WILL work, but the "set it & forget it" method is just so much less complicated, & faster than having to launch an app (every time), wait for the import, then figure out how you want the app to arrange the pix yada yada yada.......

And BTW, every NEW camera I have seen &/or used in the past 3-4 years all had the same options, even though they may word and/or arrange their menus differently to some extent.......

6. davinciblog macrumors newbie

Hello !
    Had the same problem this morning with a MacBook & a brand new Fuji Z10fd.
    Solved formatting the SD card with the Z10fd itself.
    Regards :)