Digital Camera w/Bluetooth or WiFi?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by island, May 27, 2007.

1. island macrumors 6502

island

I am interested in upgrading to a compact camera with wireless capabilities to transfer photos to my Macbook. I am sick of carying extra wires or adapters and I noticed the market is getting bigger for wireless cameras. Has anyone had any experiance with this?

The Sony G1 looks pretty good but I have yet to hear any Mac user reviews...

2. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I can't say I have much experience with wireless cameras, but using bluetooth to transfer pictures would probably be slow (bluetooth=2or3 Mbps, USB or FW= ~400 Mbps) but I it's important not to have a little wire with you, get one, but beware of time with bluetooth transfers...

3. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Why not just take a little USB card reader. Better yet you can now get SD cards with USB plugs built right into them.

4. I HAVE NO IDEA macrumors newbie

olympus has a wifi share-able camera, it seemed to work pretty good. a customer of mine had one and she had easily set it up and used it all by her self. ;)

5. island thread starter macrumors 6502

island

I guess I will just go with a regular cam and pick up a Express Card adapter for the MacBook Pro.

6. curiosa863 macrumors member

I love my Kodak V610. http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=8912&pq-locale=en_US&_requestid=7807

I was really apprehensive on christmas when i was expecting an exlim that i had been dying to own. After about 10 minutes i was totally sold on the kodak. The dual lens setup is amazing for zoom cababilities in a compact.
    The bluetooth works really well. I love being able to take a pic with it, then send it in qvga (you also have the option to send in vga or full resolution) to my cellphone and be able to send it to a friend.
    I highly recommend this camera...
    A drawback is that it can't send video via bluetooth, which may bother you... but those files are too big to even want to send on bluetooth i think.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

7. anti-microsoft macrumors 68000

If it's a choice between WiFi and Bluetooth I'd say WiFi.

8. A Pittarelli macrumors 6502