Digital Cameras

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AMDGAMER, Aug 11, 2011.

1. AMDGAMER macrumors 6502

Have been using my iPhones as my primary digital camera for a few years now, but I recently saw good pictures taken from an SLR camera and I'm quite shocked at the difference. However I started looking at digital cameras and notice an big lineup, from 50 bucks to well over 2,000. Does anyone own a good digital camera say 400-500 bucks that they are happy with? Also is SLR too hard to even work with?

2. ender21 macrumors 6502

Compared to an iPhone an SLR is infinitely harder to work with. But I've owned many different models from Canon and they're a must-have for me and my life (not to mention part of my career).

That said, there are "point-and-shoot" modes on almost every SLR, so they do make it as easy as possible. I currently own a Canon 60D but have also had several Rebels, and work with owners of Canon 5Ds and 5DIIs.

All of them give great pictures, some better than others, and even Rebels that are a couple of years old (XTi, XSi, T1i, T2i) give great pictures and can be found used or refurbed for the price-range you mentioned.

For Nikon the story is probably much the same, given the reviews I've read.