Digital copy of Salt for Mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jbachandouris, Dec 22, 2010.

1. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I had no idea where to post this.

The new Bluray of the movie Salt comes with a digital copy. Apparently it uses the CinemaNow DRM which is not Mac compatible. Can anyone confirm this as I have a backorder at BestBuy and need to know if I need to cancel.

BTW the iTunes has it for $19.99.

2. iphone3048 macrumors member

Do you convert the movie from bluray to the mac? If so how? Or you watch it somehow on the mac? If so how?

Sorry I'm new to the mac.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Macs do not have Blu-ray drives.

4. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Although I appreciate your quick response, I do not appreciate you not reading the post I made. I know the Mac does not have Bluray. The only reason I mention Bluray is that the studio that released Salt only include the digital copy on their Bluray set, but not on it's DVD set.

So the question is: will the digital copy using CinemaNow DRM work?

5. GGJstudios, Dec 22, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't care what you appreciate. I did read your entire post. You miss the point completely. If the digital copy is on a blu-ray disc, you can't get it onto the Mac in the first place, even if it would work, since Macs can't read a blu-ray disc.

https://selfserve.roxio.com/(S(nhaxfmuoeqjjf0yyy3prjbef))/cinemanow/default.aspx?id=000022CN

6. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Incorrect. Bluray box sets come with a DVD which has the digital copy. So the question is still valid.

7. waiwai macrumors regular

Bravo!

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

The answer is in my previous post, found in 15 seconds with Google.

9. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Sorry, didn't see the link on my iPhone. I actually did see that, but was hoping that had changed. Oh well, thanks anyway.

10. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Confirmed: only BluRay's from Best Buy comes with a digital copy and it does use CinemaNow which does not presently work on Mac.

iTunes sells the Hi-def version for $19.99. I includes Hi-def for your TV and standard for your Mac/iPhone/iPad. I guess that's my only legal option.

11. youngmac macrumors regular

i'm not sure 100% but i think some movies you can download the digital copy on your mac. but it's confusing.

i don't remember what movie, on the back of the blu ray cover it was saying to download digital copy, windows or mac and itunes required.
    then i had to go to a link that only windows was compatible. it warner bros site.

i dont really watch blu ray but that was my only experience trying to download a digital copy.

12. jbachandouris thread starter macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

Not on this movie. It appears to be a Best Buy thing. CinemaNow only. iTunes not welcomed.