digital copy won't play

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DanaLea73, Apr 24, 2011.

1. DanaLea73 macrumors newbie

I have a digital copy of the newest Harry Potter movie that I've got in my iTunes. It will play from there just fine. And it'll sync to my iPad (1) just fine. I can open the movie and see the cover art and the cast and list of chapters, but when I try to play the movie I get a "This movie could not be played." message.

I found an old thread on another site that suggested checking to see if the movie was set to "surround sound" and if so, change it to "stereo". I checked and it's already at stereo.

anyone have a suggestion on how to get this movie to play? It's also the first movie I've tried to put on my iPad.

-dana

2. bruinsrme macrumors 603

bruinsrme

I have a number of digital copies what will play on the computer but I can't get them play on the ipad. Digging on some info found on google, there are a lot of movies that fall under this category. a lot of assumptions point to studios not wanting to preserve the copyright protection
    There is a feature to convert such movies to an ipad or ATV playable version however they are grayed out with the associated movies.

The only way I can get them to play is to rip them. Currently I am using Wondershare on my PC.
    The rips play fine on the computers, ATV and ipads.