Digital distribution for Macs?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ke1, Jul 14, 2011.

1. ke1 macrumors newbie

Hello,

I just got a new 27 inch iMac :D and am looking for the best site to download games. I mean a legal distribution service, like steam, etc. The only problem is, steam has virtually no selection for OSX so I'm wondering if there is an alternative.

Thanks.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. ke1 thread starter macrumors newbie

I plan to install windows in the next few months, but don't want to buy a new version of W7 atm. Thus, my original post.

4. ke1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Specifically, I was wondering if macgamestore.com is a legit site and if anyone has used their download service.

5. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Check out direct2drive. They have a really decent mac selection and prices that are usually competitive with steam.

6. Barnzee, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2011

Barnzee macrumors regular

Steam has quite a few games for Mac. also check out gametreemac.com for a lot of Mac games. However your best bet would be to buy an OEM copy of windows for 80-100 bucks and install steam. Games are cheaper on Windows.

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Macgamestore is at least a part of the same network as www.insidemacgames.com and that site has been around for ages as one of the best communities for mac gaming there is. IMG was a magazine released back in the 1990s and was started by Tuncer Deniz, which also was producer for Marathon II, Abuse and Myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Mac_Games

8. PowerGamerX macrumors 6502a

PowerGamerX

MGS is legit and very nice. :cool:

9. edddeduck macrumors 68020

edddeduck

Macgamestore, Mac App Store, Direct2Drive, Amazon all have Mac digital stores. Their are also a bunch of smaller digital outlets that are also legit.

Edwin