Digital distribution for Macs?

ke1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Hello,

I just got a new 27 inch iMac :D and am looking for the best site to download games. I mean a legal distribution service, like steam, etc. The only problem is, steam has virtually no selection for OSX so I'm wondering if there is an alternative.

Thanks.

ke1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
I plan to install windows in the next few months, but don't want to buy a new version of W7 atm. Thus, my original post.

ke1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 14, 2011
Specifically, I was wondering if macgamestore.com is a legit site and if anyone has used their download service.

Barnzee

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2010
Oak Harbor, WA
Steam has quite a few games for Mac. also check out gametreemac.com for a lot of Mac games. However your best bet would be to buy an OEM copy of windows for 80-100 bucks and install steam. Games are cheaper on Windows.

Last edited:

cluthz

macrumors 68040
Jun 15, 2004
Norway
Specifically, I was wondering if macgamestore.com is a legit site and if anyone has used their download service.
Macgamestore is at least a part of the same network as www.insidemacgames.com and that site has been around for ages as one of the best communities for mac gaming there is. IMG was a magazine released back in the 1990s and was started by Tuncer Deniz, which also was producer for Marathon II, Abuse and Myth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inside_Mac_Games

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Macgamestore, Mac App Store, Direct2Drive, Amazon all have Mac digital stores. Their are also a bunch of smaller digital outlets that are also legit.

Edwin