Digital FM radio WITH bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by acarney, Feb 3, 2015.

1. acarney macrumors 6502

So I work in a science lab which means I need to leave my phone in a break room across the hall (wouldn't be able to touch it to pause or change volume or track or anything anyway without taking off gloves, etc) but I want to listen to podcasts while doing work. I also occasionally like listening to NPR in the morning for news and such. Where my building is and whatever the walls are made out of FM radio is a little hit or miss and I've found that coworkers that have DIGITAL fm radios seem to get a much more clear signal.

What I'm looking for is a decent digital FM radio that also either has WiFi for Airplay (must be able to do peer to peer since the building doesn't have WiFi) or bluetooth for audio streaming. I don't think I'll need longer then the standard ~33 feet range as it's just across the hall and really will only be going through one wall (the way the labs are setup they don't have a door).

Any suggestions? Hopefully nothing to crazy expensive as most stuff ages pretty rough pretty fast in the lab, especially if I'm touching the pause, play, skip, etc buttons with gloves that might have residual amounts of acid on them :p I figure I'll just leave the device in the lab and it's not something that I'll shuffle between home and work or remove if I change jobs or locations.

2. jdecosta macrumors member

Check this out, might be an option for you. I own one and use it very often, so far no complaints.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MYLPPDK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1