Digital paper? Any experiences?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RedTomato, May 8, 2018.

1. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

Looking at buying some digital paper and the associated pen, any recommendations, or is it all ***** and over-sold?

I used to take lots of paper notes, but stopped a couple of years ago when I realised I never looked at them again. Now I'm looking to go back to paper again to aid my information retention, but this time I'd like a better storage system, searchable notes etc. Digital paper looks to meet my needs, but am not sure if it works in practice.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Moleskine-Writing-iPhones-Android-Tablets/dp/B01EJKCWMU/

Huge number of negative reviews so spending £130 on this doesn't seem wise. Alternatives?

2. MAH11 macrumors newbie

You might look at Rocketbook. I was an early backer, and it works well. You write in the notebook, photograph it with an iPhone/Android, and your notes get stored. If you use an erasable pen when you have a full notebook, you just pop it in the µwave to erase it. Overall, I thought the product was well executed.

Shortly after getting the Rocketbook, I started using an iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil, which is a much better solution (in my opinion). So I haven't used this in a while.

3. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I would love one of these, but not for half of what it costs and I'm not sure what I would use it for. I just want it.

[​IMG]

4. RedTomato thread starter macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I've just ordered one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whitelines-Link-Lined-Notebook-Paper/dp/9174551523/

Uses proper paper and works with any pen. Cheaper than the Rocketbook too, so if it doesn't work out, I'm not down much. I had a look at the Rocketbook and not keen on writing on plastic / using specific pens which I will invariably lose.

Not too keen on having to scan every page (both Rocket & Whitelines) but a good taster.

5. shyam09 macrumors 68020

shyam09

Looks like one of Sony's e-Readers. I have one of those (previous generation). It's nice to use, but there is a significant lag when using the stylus. Still, a large 13" e-reader screen is sexy as ****.