Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

michaelv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2008
UK, Canada, California
Hi, I've just about had it with Logic "Pro" 8, and am seriously thinking of defecting to DP, which ,amongst other things, supports punches and streamers. Shame it doesn't have track icons, but, well you can't have everything.......

Anyway, I happened to mention my intentions to a friend, who is studying film scoring (I know, I know, don't laugh): they use DP predominantly at the college. However he said that some of the "experts" on the course claim that DP's days on the Apple platform are numbered, because Apple are making it difficult, eventually, impossible for it to work,in favour of their "Pro" 8 application. I said I sincerely doubted whether that was the case.

Does anyone know,or has heard rumours to this effect? Thanks.

dLight

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2008
I don't know anything about it, but I assume that Apple would think that support from independent 3rd party developers is important for them.

Thay may still want to focus more on the Windows platform than they do now:

http://www.motu.com/other/career

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
The MOTU company was doing poorly (financially) in the last few years. DP used to be only a sequencer. They beefed up their offering by including more synths and stuff with the more recent release to remain competitive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.