Digital Performer crashes

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by JoeLouis, Jun 27, 2008.

1. JoeLouis macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I've been working for a long time with a very old system: Digital Performer 3, Pro Tools 24 Mix, with DAE in a single Mac G4 until it died. Then, I got a dual Mac G4 with Digital Performer 4 already installed, and started to get some upgrades, but I found many problems of compatibility.

Finally I got a G5, an MBox with Pro Tools LE, a USB Midi Express, and I copied everything of DP4 from the G4, in a CD and paste it in the same kind of folders in the G5.

Now, I can open DP4 in the G5, but as soon I push start, DP closes. I've tried with new and old sessions with the same results.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2.3 GHz dual Mac G5
    OSX 10.4.11
    2 GB DDR2 SDRAM
    DP 4.12
    USB Midi Express XT
    MBox 2Pro
    Pro Tools LE
    Lacie ext HD

2. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

3rdpath

2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    my guess is you need to do an actual authorized install of DP in your new machine.

that may or may not be possible depending on whether you received all of the documentation and transfer of ownership information when you purchased your dual g4 mac.

if you don't actually 'own' DP-you should go ahead and buy it...DP5 rocks and DP6 is just around the corner.

3. JoeLouis thread starter macrumors newbie

I've already registered the DP4 ownership with MOTU. They sent to me an install disk and key code. I deleted all of DP4 copied to the G5, and reinstall DP4 with the installer disk (the right way), but the problem remains.

Maybe I have to upgrade DP as you say. I have to check for compatibilities with the other software versions and OS. Thank you