Digital photo frame advice

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CrackedButter, Jan 29, 2009.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Just wondering since Amazon finds it hard to include details about whether Mac's are compatible with digital photo frames.

Which is a good photo frame, which have you bought? I want something for my dad but also something which he shouldn't tinker with, I have his images and I want to set it up for him as he doesn't have a computer either.

A remote is pointless so something I can adjust myself regarding slideshow functionality so that the images can stay on screen for hours at a time.

$140 or £70 is my limit.

Thanks if you can help.

2. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Rather than more even more reviews, I would like personal responses to what people have bought and how they use them.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Those aren't reviews. That was a link to several other threads in these forums where people posted their own experiences and recommendations.

4. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

I'm sorry, I thought you were just giving me the google search results. I didn't look close enough, my bad. Thanks.

5. craig1410 macrumors 65816

craig1410

Hi Jonathan,

I bought a photo frame for my Mum and Dad as part of their Christmas and I got it from Tesco! Normally I would be a bit circumspect about such Tesco special offers but in this case I believe it was a bargain at just £39.

It was branded as Technika and I'm pretty sure it is the KR07 featured in this website:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/269462/technika-kr07-digital-photo-frame-t/

It's 7 inch and 800x480 resolution and the picture is much better than I had expected - bright and sharp. It's much better than most of the frames I have seen on the high street. What I really like is that it has all sorts of different memory card interfaces including a simple USB flash drive. It has a remote control but you also configure it to just cycle through a slideshow without any user intervention. I'm not sure about the maximum time per slide.

Best bet is to check out your local Tesco (or ideally Tesco Extra) to see if they still have them. I'm pretty sure my local shop still has them.

I hope this helps,
    Craig.
    :)