Digital Photo Frame Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by echeck, Nov 25, 2007.

1. echeck macrumors 68000

echeck

My wife wants a digital photo frame for Christmas, and I was wondering if anyone had any good recommendations.

She would like the screen size to be around 10". I would like it to be wi-fi capable so I don't have to worry about messing with memory cards.

I don't remember ever hearing anything, but does anyone know if iPhoto supports any digital photo frames?

Thanks!

2. FrenchPB macrumors 6502

3. iBecks macrumors 6502

I've how a brief look at this one.

http://www.firebox.com/product/1890

Not sure about iPhoto though.

4. freewill macrumors newbie

I'm interested in this question as well. And so far I'm finding few reviews on different models/brands, though I get the impression that many digital frames don't play well with Macs.

5. echeck thread starter macrumors 68000

echeck

That one looks decent, but it specifically states "Share pictures with Windows Vista or XP". I don't know if that means "only" Vista or XP, but I need something that will be compatible with OS X.

iPhoto support would be awesome, but I'll take anything that will support wi-fi with OS X.

6. andieecarter, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011

andieecarter macrumors newbie

The first thing, when you need to do to see the different options to buy photo frames in the display resolution to you.Look and check that it has just the right amount of sharpness and contrast, it is necessary. As far as possible, this will be the best investment in the digital photo frame, has an amazing resolution, so that you can clearly display the beautiful photographs.

7. carlgo macrumors 68000

Apple should make a photo frame. Potentially great devices that are pretty sucky for the most part. Why nobody seems to have spent much time designing a good one is a mystery. I look at these every year and while the prices have come down some, they are pretty much just junky and not compelling.

I think most every household would have one if they were any good.

A decently sized one for the wall, not just desk-tops, IPS for wide viewing angles, an attractive design and a good and simple way to manage the photos on it. Maybe a proximity detector so it goes off when there is nobody in the room in order to save the battery.

Hey, and a retina display of course, a big one. And cheap. And non-glossy... Oh, well....

8. DOMCHO101 macrumors newbie

iPad 2!