Digital Photography Resources?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RWil85, Aug 17, 2010.

1. RWil85 macrumors 6502

Can anyone suggest some good beginner digital photography references?

Was thinking of heading over to B&N, but would like to have a frame of reference before heading out..any suggestions welcome..

Online references would also be appreciated, thanks a lot!

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Although I haven't really updated as much as I'd like to, I have my own photography guides blog: Photography for Newbies

I'm sure there's many more users who have their own guides.

As for books, there's not one single book I'm aware of that stands out from all the others, have you only just started taking up photography?

There are some books written specifically for certain camera models, worth looking to see if the camera you own has a book or two for it.

There's always the "for Dummies" brand, but unless you really have only just picked up a camera, some of the stuff that's in there will seem like common sense.

3. ManhattanPrjct macrumors 6502

Look at Bryan Peterson's books "Understanding Digital Photography" and/or "Understanding Exposure."

4. RWil85 thread starter macrumors 6502

I did see some books which were specific to certain D-SLR's which would probably be perfect; however, i plan on using my panasonic p/s to learn a bit while holding out for newer models of the d-slr's to come out..

i certainly will, thanks!