Digital Reading

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by PixelMags, Oct 28, 2011.

1. PixelMags macrumors newbie

PixelMags

I am just wondering what magazines, catalogs, comics or books people are reading on their iOS Device, and do you read more on your iOS device now then you were reading before?

I find that since I always have my device with me I tend to read more of the content I have downloaded.

2. sigp6 macrumors member

Books, mostly non-fiction. Probably the last 30 books I've read were in iBooks and the Kindle app on my iPhone.

3. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yep I do. There was an article out a couple days ago that stated people over 50 read faster on tablets than books.

4. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Interesting...any idea where you saw that? I'd like to read their correlation and causation on that one. (I do think people in general, regardless of age, read faster on e-readers of any type, but that's based on anecdotal evidence.)

Anyway, on topic--I read EVERYTHING on my iPad and have for almost eighteen months now. If I don't have the iPad on me, I'll read on the phone; the Kindle app syncs perfectly between the two, and with my Kindle on the increasingly rare times I actually use that device anymore. With the iPhone's retina screen being so easy to read on, toting the Kindle around became less of a necessity.

But to me, content like magazines and graphic novels really aren't a good fit for the iPhone. The screen size just isn't really adequate. They're typically gorgeous on the iPad, though.

5. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

6. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

7. PixelMags thread starter macrumors newbie

PixelMags

Thanks

Thank you austinguy23 for that great article.

8. GraphicsGeek macrumors 6502a

I've has my iPad since day 1 and the first book I read was Steve Jobs's biography last month. Since then I've downloaded lots of books and love reading on it. I never thought I would. I also never thought I'd love reading them on my iPhone. I seem to read slot faster on the iPhone since I'm turning the pages quicker. I also read comics through the Marvel app and ComicZeal. I haven't gotten into magazines yet, but I hope to when a few I actually read are in there.

:apple:

9. PixelMags thread starter macrumors newbie

PixelMags

What magazines are you looking for if I may ask. I personally am all about the gaming ones and found a couple i like, also i read a ski mag all on Newsstand.