Digital Seconds..

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by paapplefan, May 22, 2015.

1. paapplefan macrumors newbie

Hi everyone - I've had the watch since launch day. Sport 42mm. Have really enjoyed it. The one thing that really bothers me is that there is no display of the digital seconds in any watch face. Seem like an oversight. Am I the only one? Do you think in a future update Apple will add this?

2. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Agree and use the Modular face a lot. Would love to have seconds added to it.

3. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Could not agree more. I really wish they had used the seconds hand in the chronograph watch face for use all the time instead of just for stop watch.

4. Ossyref macrumors newbie

The bottom, small, dial on the chronograph face is the seconds indicator

5. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah but I would like the big seconds hand that just sits at 12 o'clock to do something.

6. MyAppleWorld macrumors 6502

MyAppleWorld

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

The second hand in motion on the analog faces will likely use more power.

8. paapplefan thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I thought about the battery use as well. However I use the utility watch face a lot. You would think it uses a lot of battery as well with the seconds arm. I'm just used to seconds in digital form coming from a Casio watch – the type I've worn my whole life.

9. oddysea992 macrumors member

it does, it indicates the time passed when you touch the chronograph complication. Additionally a blue hand appears for the Lap time. Bit difficult for :apple: to cater for everyone's taste to be fair. The chronograph watch face is quite specific for timing usage; the other analog faces will probably suit more unless you need to be using the stopwatch function on a regular basis.

10. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Agreed. Not to mention there is really not a good digital clock. You either have to pick one with background images, motion, or the one where the clock is in the top right.

I just want a digital face that would look like a traditional digital watch.

11. bmac4 macrumors 68040

bmac4

Yeah that is true. I just like that I can change the background of the face on chronograph. I have the blue leather loop and a blue watch face that work really well together

12. oddysea992 macrumors member

True :) I for one am hoping there will be much more customisation of watch faces in the future.