Digital Touch question

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by bigred7078, May 7, 2015.

1. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

My wife received her Apple Watch today and we were playing around with digital touch.

When she would receive my sketches, she could raise her wrist and the animation would automatically play for her. When I receive her sketches, the notification tells me "tap to view sketch"

I cannot for the life of me find what setting allows automatic playing of the sketches. Anyone have any insight?

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

This is all I see regarding viewing Digital Touches in the user manual. Do you have "show preview" for messages turned off and she has it turned on? I have no idea if that would change anything, but it's about I can come up with.

“To experience a Digital Touch someone has sent, just tap a notification.” https://itun.es/us/4HEW6.l

3. MatheusDebull macrumors newbie

Do you have to press tap to view text messages as well? If so, it sounds like the 'Notification Privacy' setting under Apple Watch > My Watch > Notifications might be turned on.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

This a good one to check.

5. bigred7078 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Thanks for the reply. Where are you seeing the option "show preview"? I don't see that in the messages settings on the Apple Watch app.

6. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

No, it's on the iPhone under Settings>Notifications>Messages>Show Previews. Since the watch can mirror the iPhone setting, I figured it wouldn't hurt to check if that has any affect on it.

7. bigred7078 thread starter macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

Great thought but I just checked and this is turned off. I'm able to view texts without needing to "tap to view". A reset did not do the trick either.

----------

Ok I see what you mean now. Yes, show previews is selected on my phone BUT I do not have the option selected to mirror my phone for messages. It is selected as custom.

8. MatheusDebull macrumors newbie

I was testing with a friend, and the way we were able to reproduce what you originally posted is by setting the 'On wrist raise' to 'resume previous activity'. By still being in the sketch message app, it played the response automatically without having to tap to view. This happened upon raising my wrist to view the reply sketch.