Digital Workflow &back Up

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Nikonut, Oct 19, 2008.

1. Nikonut macrumors member

I am new to Mac and would like to learn as much as possible before starting to process photos on the new machine. I just uggraded the ram yesterday and noticed how fast Lightroom works vs PC.....its just amazing!
    I have previewed my cf card in I-photo and I like being able to use this format to select which are keepers and then to move to post edit.I did get pics into Lightroom from i-photo..but in a round about way I think.
    My goal is to use and keep this i-Mac for pics only as i have two other pc s.
    I would like sum opinions with what I have listed in my signature which way to move forward.I only have LR loaded thus far, for back up I have a Maxtor 500.

thanx
    Steve

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

If you're any sort of a serious photographer (which it appears you are), delete iPhoto entirely now. Just use Lightroom if that's what you're comfortable with (I prefer Bridge and Aperture, but that's just me)

3. Nikonut thread starter macrumors member

Ok ,I certainly respect your opinion,I realize i-photo is an inherent program..as I said ,Iam new to mac....just looking to learn my way around which is alot of fun thus far.