Digitizer issues after waking up on iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Samets, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Samets macrumors newbie

Hi,

Received my new :apple: iPhone 5 last Friday. The problem I'm having only happens in the morning and only while still plugged into the wall. If I try to use the phone after 6+ hours (have not tested the actual time) of inactivity, the touchscreen is either barely responsive or not responsive at all. As soon as I unplug the phone from the wall, all problems are gone!

I'd be OK living with it but when alarm goes off, I can't stop it and that's a problem...

Obviously I can't take it to Apple since I can't replicate the problem unless the phone sits there untouched for several hours...

Anyone else having this issue?

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

What about reseting the phone, I don't have one(I have the 3GS) and never tried reseting so I don't know if you loose anything, backup first then reset, give it a try.

3. dancind612 macrumors newbie

Same problem!

I am having this same problem! My touchscreen is all kinds of crazy first thing in the morning, and after a few minutes it goes back to normal and works perfectly fine the rest of the day. Biggest issue is i can't turn off my alarm. Did you figure out a fix?

4. Samets thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes! It ended up being the power brick/square.

I used a different one and the issue has never re-appeared.