Digitizer or lcd?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by OCSpersonel, Oct 22, 2009.

1. OCSpersonel macrumors regular

So! i dropped my beloved life (ipod touch 2gen) into some water. I took it out immediately. it wasn't in there for more that 2 seconds. Immediately blew it out, its shut off and the screen faded out. Then it came back on and worked just fine (minus the backlight) but i turned it off for saftey and stuck it into a bag of rice. Then i took it out about a day later and it turns on, everythign looks good, except its not responding to the touches, and the backlight isnt working.

So since its gona have a broken water sensor, is this something i can fix? like maybe the digitizer, or the LCD, or both? maybe logic board and lcd? Or should i just scrap it and start fresh wth a refurb or something?

2. kAoTiX macrumors 6502

kAoTiX

The digitizer is the glass and touchscreen part. If this isn't working you can replace it. The backlight is part of the LCD which can also be replaced.
    The only problem I can see is that the water has damaged the connections to these 2 parts. Realistically the only way to tell would be to buy the parts and replace them and see what happens.

The water sensor is like a small piece of paper that reacts to water and you wont be able to 'fix' it but could remove or replace it although there is no reason to.

You can get parts off ebay or even try taking it to a local repair shop and see if they can test it for you. They might have the parts there to test straight away for you.