Digitizer/Outline of iPhone 5 screen extremely Visible

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by remedy1978, Oct 13, 2012.

1. remedy1978 macrumors newbie

I picked up my third iPhone 5 16GB today, and the screen and or digitizer is extremely visible under most lighting conditions:
    [​IMG]

It might be hard to make out, but the edge of the screen is very visible between the edge of the glass.

Has anyone else seen this?

2. AlphaDogg, Oct 13, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2012

AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

The digitizer is the thing that turns touch into recognizable input. That's the edge of the screen you're seeing, and it's completely normal. Everything with a screen that I own has this, Apple or not.

You obviously have two iPhone 5's. Do both exhibit the same thing you're seeing?

3. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

My iPhone 4S, and second generation iPod Touch look the same way. Nothing unusual or wrong there.

4. remedy1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 screen

The other iPhone 5 is my wife's. You cannot see where the edge of the screen ends and the frame of the phone begins.

5. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Does it affect the screen in any way? No, it's only visible when the screen is off. The border on your wife's iPhone 5's LCD may be a little bit darker than the one on your black iPhone 5, giving the appearance of a borderless LCD when it's off, but when both are powered on, they look the exact same.

6. remedy1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

I don't think you understand the point that's being made. This is normal. It is not a defect. Their's nothing wrong with your iPhone.