Digitizer wripped during zeetron install FML

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jhatz, Mar 6, 2011.

1. jhatz macrumors member

I just want to post this to rant about how I got frustrated and noticed the digitizer cable didnt fully get pushed through the frame of the phone and I had already put all 10 screws back into the front LCD. I tried taking out the top 2 and 2 side ones and pry them apart while pulling the digitizer cable through...big mistake.

I'm not looking for much of a response, I just need to tell someone how much of an ass I am. There goes $150....FML

2. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

Sorry to hear that but, to look on the bright side one day you will look back and laugh.

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Yeah, the phone has to come apart one way and be put back together one way. No exceptions. I just recently installed the full white kit and I had to open it back up to fix the prox sensor. When I got it back together, the home button didn't work. It all had to come back apart just to fix that..it's a science.

4. ilifecomputer macrumors 6502

I've ripped a paper iCable in the past to know that that is exactly what it took to make me so careful it would be unlikely to happen again. then when taking apart my iphone4 for a kit install, i almost tore the home button cable trying to unstick the button thingy from the cable.

i know how it feels dude, sorry to hear.