Digitizing vinyl: 2017 edition

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Darjeeling, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Darjeeling macrumors newbie

Finally returning to an old project, ripping LPs. Can anybody offer practical insight on time-saving software options or workflows?

I've done it before using Audacity and other nonspecialized software but am looking for ways to make the process go faster, reduce setup and post-processing time.

I want things to sound good but I am not in audiophile mode. Basic noise and pop/click reduction would be great if it does not add too much time/labor to the process. My final listening files will be in AAC -- for when I'm away from the turntable.

The reviews of PureVinyl are intriguing but I'm not clear if it is a time saver. Izotope looks fab but is probably much, much more than I need. VinylStudio? Others?

Now back to testing an ancient Edirol UA-1ex USB interface with my old MBA... (Recommend me a good-enough USB adapter in case it is DOA.)

2. lederermc macrumors 6502

lederermc

Garageband can do that for free but you have to manually cut the tracks apart.... based on the waveform.

3. DblHelix macrumors 6502

Highly recommend getting a NuWave phono converter. It is a high quality phono stage that can do MM or MC cartridge and has different loading settings. Converts to either 24/192 or single or double DSD currently on sale for half off at $999