Dilema, dead 3Gs

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Polekat, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Polekat macrumors regular

Polekat

3Gs died on me. The battery was giving out at 40-50%. I bought a replacement. Installed it and now the phone wont take a charge. Put original battery back in and same thing. I must have done something when took the phone apart.

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions as to how to fix this it would be appreciated, otherwise, when do you think the iPhone 4's will drop in price? Don't know if I can make it 3 more months for the 5 or 4s to come out so will probably just pick up a 4, but if they will lower the price in a month I might suffer through

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

When you mean drop in price, do you mean with a new contract or contract free?

If with a new contract, they are already $99 if you buy a refurb from AT&T's website (if your eligible for an upgrade). Out of contract, the price actually went up (by $50) to $650.

As to your original question, I have no idea how to fix a dead iPhone.

3. Polekat thread starter macrumors regular

Polekat

Yeah, I meant with new contract. Thanks, didn't know they were $99.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

Your new battery was probably crap and shorted the logic board. I do repairs and although it's not seen much, I have heard of it happening to other people.

5. Polekat thread starter macrumors regular

Polekat

Great. So I am either
    a) stuck with this crapberry pearl to get me through a few months or
    b) upgrade to iPhone 4 then be stuck with that for 2 years while the 5 and 6 come out. :(