Dilema:Wireless earphones with mic

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by GreenApple29, Dec 15, 2014.

1. GreenApple29 macrumors regular

GreenApple29

hello all
    I'm on a dilemma here if anyone has an opinion i would really appreciate it:D
    I'm thinking to get some wireless headphones for the gym and also to make and receive phone call
    since i will be listening to music i would like to have a decent quality of sound

the two earphones that i post below are roughly the same price

what do you think?

1.Powerbeats2 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
    http://www.beatsbydre.com/earphones/powerbeats2-wireless/black/900-00240-01.html
    2.JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...as2&tag=9to5mac0df-20&linkId=2YY5QUHVW3HDOMVJ

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

3. GreenApple29 thread starter macrumors regular

GreenApple29

4. blaine07 macrumors 65816

5. GreenApple29 thread starter macrumors regular

GreenApple29

hey saw them as well
    actually they are cheaper than the options i posted on first post
    how do they fit? beats and jaybird seem to stay inn ear due to their design
    since i will be using them at the gym two things are important
    tostay in ear
    and have a good quality in music and in calls

6. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

I have the Jaybirds BlueBuds X and love using it at the gym. I had the Jaybirds Sprint Freedom but upgraded to the X. I find the audio to be quite good for a Bluetooth earphones, as well as the battery life - which are the main reasons I upgraded.

I personally don't use the attachments to keep the earphones in my ear as I could never get them to work properly, but I replaced the tips with Comply foam which works better.

7. GreenApple29 thread starter macrumors regular

GreenApple29

thanks for the input
    i was thinking to get the jaybird as well
    plus i think that headphones from beats are more like marketing than good quality in sound
    maybe I'm wrong maybe not)

how long have you been using them?had read some reviews that the jaybird lasted only for a few weeks but then again there will always be bad reviews !!!

8. illippinno macrumors regular

illippinno

I've been using the BlueBluds X for almost a year and haven't had any issues. I would recommend them.

I can't speak for the Power Beats but I do own the Beats Studio Wireless and love that as well.

9. GreenApple29 thread starter macrumors regular

GreenApple29

i think they are roughly the same price
    more keen on jaybird to be honest
    but the powerboats seem to have a better fit (?)

10. rayricepudding macrumors member

Get the BlueBuds!

I've had the BlueBuds X for over a year now, and use them on my daily commute and at the gym. They're phenomenal. What I'll say is this, however: Get Comply T-400 Foam tips - with them, you absolutely shouldn't need the fins that come with the earbuds - I find those fins uncomfortable and ineffective.

Also, Best Buy will match Amazon's price, and you should totally go for the extended warranty on them - earbuds break. That's a harsh reality that you won't see changing with a pair just because they're more expensive. My bluebuds stopped working a couple weeks ago - but again, I use these things daily and they got a TON of wear and tear - they lasted longer than most do for me. I had the extended warranty at Best Buy and by using it, it extended it an additional 2 years! Totally worth it for things like earbuds.

http://www.amazon.com/Comply-T-400-...r=8-1&keywords=t400+comply&pebp=1418746250866

11. GreenApple29 thread starter macrumors regular

GreenApple29

unfortunately since i am outside of the US i can't buy it from BestBuy and get the advantage of the extended warranty
    and you are absolutely right
    since these are being used while running or at the gym they "tend" to break or at least not lasting as much compared to other type of devices..so yes an extended warranty would be nice but in my case this can't happen :(