Dilemaa iphone 6 plus feels to heavy after using the 6 :(

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cdesigns, Oct 20, 2014.

1. cdesigns macrumors 6502

What a Dilemma, I bough my 6+ at launch date and love it, received my wife's 6 this past week and I love how it feels on the hand and how light it is compared to the 6+.

I got the 6+ because of the battery size and screen size, but every time I use my wife's phone I want to sell my 6+ and get a 6 lol.

Anyone experiencing the same?

2. The-Real-Deal82 macrumors 601

The-Real-Deal82

Use the Plus for a couple more days and you will forget what the 6 felt like. Its bigger so will undoubtedly be marginally heavier. :)

3. caesarp macrumors 6502a

My suggestion: stop using your wife's phone.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Keep the plus. You only thought it was heavy after comparing your wife's phone.

You'll largely be disappointed with the batter and smaller screen at this point.

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I used my girlfriends 6 while I waited for my 6+ to come. Now that I got my 6+ I cant i cant go back to the 6. The screen on the 6+ plus the battery are too good.

6. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

The 6 is attractive due to the lightweight feel and ease of pocketing. It's a nice upgrade, but if you really enjoyed the 6+, you will ultimately find the 6 a letdown.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

I doubt it's the weight. It's the ease of one-hand use that's likely the contributing factor and that's what you're missing from the 6+.

8. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

I also find the size and weight of the 6 to be pretty attractive whenever I pick up my wife's, but I think I would miss the other advantages of the Plus if I had a six. Ultimately, the solution is probably to stop comparing the two and just get used to the Plus.

9. justindavis098 macrumors member

10. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I purchased a 6 Plus on launch day. I recently purchased another 6 Plus (Space Gray, and wanted the Verizon model instead of AT&T model, even though I'm on AT&T) because I regret getting Gold on launch day so I ended up selling that phone (since I was past the return date).

Anyways after playing with my 6 Plus, I could never go to a 6 because it's way too small for me. Even when I go to the apple store, I always end up holding the 6 Plus.

11. CoilTap macrumors regular

12. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I've always wanted a bigger screen but never wanted to leave the iOS world. After using my iPhone 6+ for 3.5 weeks now, there is now way I would go back to anything smaller no matter how slick and light they might be.

13. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Switch to the 6. One handed use is the best! The innovation is not with the larger phablets. Its the smaller phones that have the power to do what the larger devices could easily do better.

Being able to take selfies with one hand and being completely not affected by the bendgate comments and not having to have a huge device in my pocket when I wear jeans is a luxury.

Battery life is better on the +, but the iphone 6 already lasts more than a day for me, thats enough to beat out all the other phones out there.

Now if Apple could have some project volta-like project that increased the battery life through an iOS update... that would be really something.

14. mightyjabba macrumors 65816

mightyjabba

You can't take selfies with one hand on the Plus? News to me.

15. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

Take a selfie when your back camera is on.. You've got to:

1) Change your grip/slip your phone so your thumb can reach that button.
    2) If you want to turn on HDR, you have to change your grip/slip your phone so your thumb can reach that button.
    3) Same if you want to use flash
    4) "Reachability"
    5) The above being weird and cumbersome, so you'll likely just use two hands.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I agree with both of these statements. Keep using your 6+ for a few more days and don't use your wife's 6 during this time.

17. CoilTap macrumors regular

Uh, or you can just grip around the phone securely and use your index finger on the "volume up" button to take the photo. Problem solved, and much less clunky than using your thumb for the on-screen button regardless of the device size.

18. Tsuchiya macrumors 68020

Tsuchiya

19. enduro0125 macrumors regular