dilemas dilemas....

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by deanops, Jun 6, 2007.

1. deanops macrumors regular

ok... this is a bit over the top but....

on this saturday only, a store where my mum works at (department store) is giving 20% discount to all employees.... including macs..... :cool: :apple:

now if i dont buy on sat, any other day ios 10%... still considerable!!

now what do i buy, and when... (wwdc anyone?)

macbook mid - white - standard $AU1899 - 10% discount $AU1710 - 20% discount $AU1520..... :eek:

macbook - black - standard $AU2199 - !0% discount $AU1980 - 20% discount $AU1769... :eek: :eek: :eek:

now this is a new one, dont know if i need the power but... for a laugh
    macbook pro - bottom - strandard $AU2899 - 10% disc. $AU2610 - 20% disc. 2321

now ill be buying a case, a mouse (do i really need it?), a 19" monitor (about $210 AU) and a router....

will the first one be enough for my basic recreational video editing, photos, emails, school work (im in yr10), and internet... .oh and music playing :rolleyes: ??? or shud i go for the black book?

really i dont no which is the nicest color, opinions? aluminium would be crazy!!! (but not likely... budgets...)

2. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

are you on some kind of drug? lol. The macbook's were just updated recently, highly doubtful anything will happen with them at WWDC. If you know you are getting a macbook, go for the 20% off.

3. netdog macrumors 603

netdog

The Black is pretty sleek..and kid-resistant in terms of stains.

4. Igantius macrumors 65816

You pay extra for the privilege of having a black MB - it's got exactly the same processing power as the other machine. If you prefer black, get it; if you prefer the look of the white one, get that instead!

If you're doing music or video editing, I would recommend you bump up the RAM to 2GB either way.

The other purachases are sound - I would definitely get the mouse and I would think about an external keyboard for home too.

5. deanops thread starter macrumors regular

yeah i know nothing will happen come monday.. but.... leopard sneak peak?

white i think... i'll get my case and wireless router then.. hopefully score a deal...

ms office also comes free... so a top deal!!!

i am open to a colour debate!! Balck seems so.... executive... but... pc-ish!!

white, traditional apple... hmmmmmmm, a tiny possibilty of being the remote chance of being a bit girly? no offence!!! lol

tell me... i want to know your experiences!! lol

i shud do a poll!!?!