Dilemma Help Please: Macbook or Macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nintendolinky, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Nintendolinky macrumors 6502

Hello everyone.
    On the 3rd of January, i bought a new Macbook. Its the 2.4ghz model, with 4GB of memory, and i bought AppleCare. I upgraded the hard drive myself to 500GB.
    Now the problem is, im beginning to lust over the 15" Macbook Pro. Will Apple allow me to trade what i currently have for a base level macbook pro, and allow me to put my hard drive and memory into the new Macbook Pro. Also will they allow me to do this at all. I love the Macbook but i want the best i can get and afford, and would love the screen size and overall better quality of a Macbook pro, than the current Macbook.
    What are your opinions guys and gals, and thanks for any help :)

2. fritzov macrumors member

I don't know how the consumer laws are in your country but if you bought it online in sweden and it has not been 14 days since you recived it apple would have to take it in return without and charges.

3. Nintendolinky thread starter macrumors 6502

The Macbook was bought in an Apple Store in Birmingham. Im sure i still have that 14 day guarantee. I would just like to know what would they do regarding the upgrades and stuff and if they would transfer Apple Care etc.

4. petz0ldt macrumors member

i kinda doubt they would let you exchange it since u upgraded the hard drive yourself. apple tends to frown on that kind of thing. if you want to switch to the mbp, your best bet would proly be to sell the one u have to a friend or on ebay and then buy the mbp