iPhone XR Dilemma in returning my XR for XS due to size differences.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jtsang777, Oct 29, 2018.

1. jtsang777 macrumors member

I have been using my iPhone XR for a few days, and because I have hands that are 4 inches wide, it is challenging for me to use securely with one hand. It is especially true when I'm trying to go back a previous webpage in Safari as my thumbs can't reach the back button or the gesture that goes back the previous webpage. Does switching to an iPhone XS resolve these problems? I was initially coming from a 6S.

2. Kendo macrumors 68000

6S and XS have essentially the same width so you'll have no problems adjusting. The XR has similar width to a 6 Plus so it is a huge adjustment.

3. austyn23 macrumors regular

austyn23

In the 6s you don´t need to go to the top of the phone because there is the huge bezel; in the X you need to get there.

On the 6s, try to touch the top left corner OF THE PHONE, no the screen, the phone...

Or go to some store or phone company and try the X if you have the posibility.

4. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

This.

The XR is closer in size to the XS Max, and the XS is about the size of the 6s. There is still a little bit more vertical stretch when using the XS than using the 6s.

5. white4s macrumors 68000

.2 inch difference is a bigger deal than you think.
    --- Post Merged, Oct 29, 2018 ---
    There is the reachability option.
    My hand size is a lil less than average myself and I'm not really affected but I think it's mostly because I don't care.

6. doboy macrumors 68020

That's not what she said, haha
    So you're saying you have problems swiping from left to right (back gesture) to back on Safari? If so, you must have really small hands.

7. adamgbiggs macrumors 6502

adamgbiggs

I’d really suggest going into a store and spending a little time with the Xs and see if you can use it one handed, it is smaller but not massively smaller, so I’d certainly try it out before you take the plunge and exchange.

Adam.

8. white4s macrumors 68000

Got 'emmm.