Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtsang777

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 2, 2015
I have been using my iPhone XR for a few days, and because I have hands that are 4 inches wide, it is challenging for me to use securely with one hand. It is especially true when I'm trying to go back a previous webpage in Safari as my thumbs can't reach the back button or the gesture that goes back the previous webpage. Does switching to an iPhone XS resolve these problems? I was initially coming from a 6S.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2011
I have been using my iPhone XR for a few days, and because I have hands that are 4 inches wide, it is challenging for me to use securely with one hand. It is especially true when I'm trying to go back a previous webpage in Safari as my thumbs can't reach the back button or the gesture that goes back the previous webpage. Does switching to an iPhone XS resolve these problems? I was initially coming from a 6S.

6S and XS have essentially the same width so you'll have no problems adjusting. The XR has similar width to a 6 Plus so it is a huge adjustment.

austyn23

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2017
In the 6s you don´t need to go to the top of the phone because there is the huge bezel; in the X you need to get there.

On the 6s, try to touch the top left corner OF THE PHONE, no the screen, the phone...

Or go to some store or phone company and try the X if you have the posibility.

Reactions: tromboneaholic

tromboneaholic

Suspended
Jun 9, 2004
Clearwater, FL
In the 6s you don´t need to go to the top of the phone because there is the huge bezel; in the X you need to get there.

On the 6s, try to touch the top left corner OF THE PHONE, no the screen, the phone...

This.

The XR is closer in size to the XS Max, and the XS is about the size of the 6s. There is still a little bit more vertical stretch when using the XS than using the 6s.

white4s

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2011
New Jersey
6S and XS have essentially the same width so you'll have no problems adjusting. The XR has similar width to a 6 Plus so it is a huge adjustment.

.2 inch difference is a bigger deal than you think.
[doublepost=1540843503][/doublepost]

There is the reachability option.
[doublepost=1540843588][/doublepost]

My hand size is a lil less than average myself and I'm not really affected but I think it's mostly because I don't care.

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
.2 inch difference is a bigger deal than you think.
That's not what she said, haha
[doublepost=1540843880][/doublepost]
So you're saying you have problems swiping from left to right (back gesture) to back on Safari? If so, you must have really small hands.

Reactions: white4s

adamgbiggs

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2013
UK
I’d really suggest going into a store and spending a little time with the Xs and see if you can use it one handed, it is smaller but not massively smaller, so I’d certainly try it out before you take the plunge and exchange.

Adam.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.