Dilemma, keep or not.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMarvin, Sep 29, 2011.

1. iMarvin macrumors 6502

iMarvin

Hey guys, I'm in need for a piece of advice.

I turned 20 yesterday and got a 15" baseline model for my birthday, I really happy. This is my first Mac. :D

Now to the question, I didn't open it yet. Should I keep it or return it and wait for the upgraded one.

What would you do?

Thanks in advance. Marvin.

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

how long do you want to realistally wait to enjoy the new toy? the one in 2015 surely will be better, nothing has been confirmed on when or what the next model will be like

enjoy life today not waiting for whats next, becasue with electronics you will never own anyhting if your always waiting for the next version

3. iMarvin thread starter macrumors 6502

iMarvin

That's true, but if the next one is around the corner the current model will be old and slow in comparison. :p

4. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

rumors have the next one be a small processor bump, like 2.3GHZ for the base and 2.6HZ for the one up

5. iMarvin thread starter macrumors 6502

iMarvin

Alright, that sounds pretty nice. I'll wait until the new iPhone is released, maybe they will sneak in the update while updating the apple store for the iPhone. :)

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Even if there is a refresh soon, it will probably be just a small speed bump, probably not even enough for you to notice in day-to-day usage. But no one really knows when it will be. People are guessing soon, but we may not see anything until 2012. If I were you, I'd rip open that box and enjoy :) No sense waiting for the next best thing. Something will always come along...eventually.

7. DePaulBlueDemon macrumors regular

DePaulBlueDemon

Enjoy your present. You will look very ungrateful to whomever was kind enough to give you such a nice gift.

8. iMarvin thread starter macrumors 6502

iMarvin

well i listened to you guys, i opened it and I'm loving it. Typing on it now. :)

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

enjoy it

10. GuitarG20 macrumors 65816

GuitarG20

enjoy it! yeah these computers are so fast... i fully expect to be able to use mine for 5 years down the line without any problems.

11. benmrii macrumors 65816

benmrii

Hope you enjoy it, and welcome.

For future reference, I find MacRumors' Buyer's Guide to be helpful for these types of decisions. Obviously most, if not all, of it is based on rumors, but at the very least it will give you an idea of the product cycles and give you good data on where each product is in its current one.

The Guide is linked up top for your future reference.

12. dakine17 macrumors newbie

dakine17

IMO, from rumors the next update will be under the shell. So as long as the unibody design doesnt change then why wait? Theres always some way to make the MBP faster and maybe just as fast as the next update.

13. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

I wouldn't expect a huge update but it should happen soon.

14. thunng8 macrumors 6502a

To be more accurate, 2.2Ghz for base and 2.4Ghz for next one up. Basically a 200Mhz speed bump. Rumors only of course, no guarantees that this will actually happen.