Dilemma... Keep the 8+ and X?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by infernoguy, Nov 4, 2017.

  1. infernoguy macrumors regular

    infernoguy

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #1
    So I had new phone envy after getting the 8+ when it came out a month ago and traded in my Galaxy S7 for the X. I LOVE the X! Great size, Face ID and all the rest.

    Yeah, I should have waited another month and just got the X but the 8+ has it merits - Bigger screen size, landscape mode and I got the 256GB version (the X is the 64GB version).

    So what should I do? I can afford to keep both phones (AT&T Next) but is having both phones redundant? Any readers using 2 phones successfully? I could use one for work and the other for personal use but they are both really good phones and I’d hate to just use one 5 days a week :)
     
  2. OneMike macrumors 603

    OneMike

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2005
    #2
    Do you have two different SIM cards, sounds like no? Just trying to understand when you say use one for work and one for home. Also how would you use phone differently for work vs home?

    I say pick the one you like best and sell the other if outside return period.
     
  3. infernoguy thread starter macrumors regular

    infernoguy

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #3
    Yep. 2 Different SIM cards.
     
  4. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern California
    #4
    First world problems right there man. Keep the new shiny X
     
  5. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    #5
    Pick one. Which one will you get more use out of? Bigger screen size is not really a point unless what you really mean is wider screen size. The landscape mode is better on the 8+ because of the wider screen. I don't use the wide screen even when I had the 6+.
     
  6. infernoguy thread starter macrumors regular

    infernoguy

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #6
    I’ve got 13 days left on the return policy so I can “Trial” the X out and see what happens.
     
  7. infernoguy thread starter macrumors regular

    infernoguy

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #7
    Yep lol
     
  8. infernoguy thread starter macrumors regular

    infernoguy

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #8
    If I choose the X, any idea how to sell the 8+ since it’s a AT&T Next Phone?
     
  9. AdonisSMU macrumors 604

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2010
    #9
    I'd return it to AT&T or the Apple Store. You can just be happy with the 8+ and get the updated X next year. That's an option too. It's worth it to ask AT&T if they'll take the 8+ back. I hate having my phone on a plan like this for the reason it limits my options for resale etc...
     
  10. infernoguy thread starter macrumors regular

    infernoguy

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #10
    Hmmmm.. I got the 8+ from the Apple Store so maybe they’ll be lenient.
     
  11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

    mattopotamus

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2012
    #11
    No one is going to want to buy a phone that is on carrier finance. If you were to stop paying, that phone would become blacklisted and would screw the new owner.
     
  12. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 20, 2010
    #12
    Find out your options and then keep whichever one you either have to, or will be most happy with. Keeping both, especially with different SIMs, is ridiculous IMO but each unto their own. Is 64GB enough for you? Going by what a lot of people say around here, buying 64GB is ridiculous too when you can get 256GB for £150 more. Hmmm... Doesn't that depend on whether you need the extra space, not what it costs per GB and assuming lower = better value.
     
  13. OneMike macrumors 603

    OneMike

    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2005
    #13
    Two options I can think of:

    1) Pay off the next agreement now if you have the funds, then sell the phone and minus whatever loss you’ll be done with it.

    2) sell the phone here, eBay, etc and advise the phone is currently under agreement and will be paid off once sold. Once sold, if you own more than sale price put the difference.

    Few of any will want to buy a phone under contract because if you default and the phone is locked they would be out of what they paid you.
     
  14. infernoguy thread starter macrumors regular

    infernoguy

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2011
    Location:
    Nashville, TN
    #14
    I’ve got 13 days to take it back to the Apple store so I’m gonna use the heck out of the X until then. The 8 plus is in a drawer. We’ll see what happens. Thanks for the advice!
     

Share This Page

13 November 4, 2017