Dilemma regarding shipping

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by adambird, Apr 17, 2015.

1. adambird, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015

adambird macrumors 6502

Hi all!

I am a newbie (as you can see).

However, I have been browsing these forums for the last week to satisfy my :apple: Watch cravings until mine gets delivered - a 42mm SG if you must know;)

The reason I have decided to take the step to become a member of these forums is that I am in need of help/advice...

I was fortunate (or quick) enough to get my order within the 24/4 - 8/5 delivery estimate. My dilemma is that I go back to university on the 26th April and have my delivery address set as my home one. I don't want to change my delivery address to my university one just in case it does come on the 24th while I'm aware I can change my delivery address post receiving the dispatch email but that delays delivery a few days. I was wondering if any of you folk know at what point, if i haven't received my dispatch email, it will be safe to say that it will be coming after the 26th and i should change the address.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Adam:D:D:D:D:D

2. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Had the same dilemma as you; I decided to go back to uni a few days earlier ;)

Once your order hits preparing for shipment you won't be able to change any details.

3. adambird thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't because I'm busy up until Sunday evening :(

I'm thinking if my order update hasn't changed by Wednesday then I will change my delivery address to my uni one.

4. shenfrey macrumors 68000

What's SG?

5. adambird thread starter macrumors 6502

Space Grey, sorry.

6. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

sahilpatel12

its pretty much common sense idk why your losing your pants over it, im on and off student in major univ for few classes and take most classes in community college. im assuming my home one ( you mean your parents house ) assuming your still 18-24ish . if thats the case your parents can get it for it at home and ship it back via overnight (if your that impatient) or standard ups or fedex to univ address and you pick it up at mail pickups there?;)

7. adambird thread starter macrumors 6502

I just want to minimise on costs really - whether that be my parents reposting to me at uni or me travelling back to pick it up. As well as this, my parents won't be in for it throughout the day so ideally I need it to be delivered wherever I am, as I will quite happily sacrifice lectures to stay in and wait for it.

All I was looking for was someone to suggest a date, from past experience, that I could use as a reference to know it won't be coming until after the 26th so I could change my delivery address.