Dilemma: Sell free ipod touch and get iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AntiKarateKid, Jul 9, 2008.

1. AntiKarateKid macrumors newbie

Hey guys could you help me out?

My sister is renewing her at and t contract and since it already costs around sixty bucks to add the line, my mom decided to get her the iphone as a b-day gift.

On my side, I am plannin on purchasing a mac and getting the free ipod touch with it.

Should I sell the ipod touch and get the iphone?

I am not sure how useful the internet would be on the I phone when ihave my laptop, does anyone have any experience on this? Would I be missing out alot if i get the touch instead? I listen to the Quran alot, does the iphone have better sound?

2. coolb0yalex macrumors member

The iPhone is a much more expensive investment in the long run whereas an iPod touch has all the iPod capabilities and more. I'm getting the iPhone because I like to have one device, but if you don't really need the phone capabilities, the iPod Touch is fine :D

3. AntiKarateKid thread starter macrumors newbie

4. coolb0yalex macrumors member

you will miss the following:
    phone capabilities (making calls, SMS)
    internet everywhere with reception (but you do get wifi)
    GPS
    Camera

5. iPaul macrumors regular

I had an iPod touch since September and I sold that along with the brand one I just got with my new iMac so that I can get the iPhone 3G on Friday. I need the everywhere internet access and only want one device, with the phone capabilities.