Dilemma (Smashed Screen and Dust in MBP)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smallguy, Sep 12, 2015.

1. smallguy macrumors regular

Hi,

I am currently going to see apple on monday to get my iPhone 6 screen fixed as it is smashed. It is obviously still under it's one year warranty but I know I have to pay the screen repair from them which is around £80 which I have booked.

I have however noticed that there is dust under the screen on my rMBP which is noticeable and is also under the one year warranty which I will show them on monday.

Anyway... My question is, Is there any chance I can get apple to give me a replacement iPhone rather than them just fixing the screen? I wonder if there is anything I can do/say for this to happen as my two apple products are currently not 100% due to the issues that need repairing.

Any advice on how to get my iPhone replaced rather than having a new screen?

Thanks!

2. Azzin macrumors 68040

3. smallguy thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm :/ anyone else think different?

4. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Not if you plan on paying them for just the cost of a new screen.

5. smallguy thread starter macrumors regular

Thought that's the best option? I wouldn't mind a replacement as my phone signal and calls sometimes are almost mute and I have to ring them back

6. smallguy thread starter macrumors regular

7. JXShine macrumors 6502

JXShine

I read your post 3 times and I still don't understand how your rMBP story is relevant to this.

And yes they can give you a replacement if you are willing to pay for one. (obviously will cost more than screen repair alone)

8. Azzin macrumors 68040

Apple don't even let you swap colours if they're replacing your phone under warranty, so as I said, you've got no chance of them doing what you want here.

9. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

10. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Yes, take it to Apple and let them give you their suggestion since they are the ones, not use that will give you the correct and final say.

11. Marc101 macrumors newbie

Marc101

In regards to the screen issue on your phone. if the case is in any way dented or warped, they wont be able to put on the replacement screen on (even if it looks a bit off, they wont even attempt it) and you'd have to pay a larger fee to get a remanufactured phone, but it will be the same make and model as your current phone.

12. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Tell us why you would rather have a new phone rather than just the screen replaced.

It does increase resale value but Apple is in the repair mode these days and not as big on replacement as the used to be.