Dilemma: two phones - one for work, one for private use

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nygiants242, Mar 19, 2015.

1. nygiants242 macrumors member

Hey guys,

Any idea how easy it is to switch between phones? For example, could I have my Apple Watch connected to my work phone until 8 PM and then switch over to private? Or have the Apple Watch connected Monday through Fridays to the work phone but on weekends to the private phone?

Thanks

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

We're all in the same boat of information here, all we have is the Sept and March Keynote, no other details have been released.

You're best bet is to wait until appointments become available on April 10th and visit your nearest Apple store to ask an Apple employee directly.

3. 2macORnot2mac macrumors regular

2macORnot2mac

Having two phones is just too complicated. Just ask Hillary Clinton.

4. BigMovieGeek macrumors regular

I'm in a similar boat, however, I'm happy to have my watch synced with my personal phone. To be honest, I have my work calendar on both devices so I'm covered for the appointment notifications which would be my main interest. I have no desire to be notified of 100 work emails throughout the day.

5. kid2010 macrumors member

kid2010

Switching Apple Watch from one iPhone to the other requires you to unpaid the watch with the phone and re-pair the watch with the other phone. During the pair setup you can choose if you want to restore a specific backup to the watch or setup as new, based on the selection, the total time to switch a watch from one device to another may be 10~20 mins

6. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

Source?

7. bbeagle macrumors 68040

bbeagle

Yes - verified in the Apple Developer boards. Each watch may be paired to one (and only one) phone at one time.

However, you may unpair a phone, a re-pair a new phone. I don't know how long the process takes though. Maybe it takes a few seconds, maybe it takes 10-20 minutes - I don't know.

8. MarcoCapa macrumors regular

Probably there would be an app for that ( I hope so)

9. Weavus macrumors member

God gave you two wrists for this exact situation. Talk about foresight!

10. mchoffa macrumors 6502a

maybe you'll just have to embrace 80s fashion
    [​IMG]