Hi, I know this is asked very often but I've not bought a Mac notebook in 5+ years so I feel the need to make a very wise and practical decision since I doubt I'll have the luxury to replace my purchase over the next few years atleast. I'm confused over the cMBP / rMBP or maybe even the Air. I definitely want the 13" screen size. Optical drive isn't necessary since I've barely used one over the past few years. I currently own an early 2008 Macbook (White plastic body, upgraded the RAM, terrible battery life) and a Sep-2010 27" iMac (so I'm covered for screen size & optical drive). I run an online company so I'm most of the times using Chrome with a gazillion tabs open (I know I have a problem!) which crashes my current macbook (sometimes slows down the iMac) but I know it's more to do with the Chrome memory leak than my machines. I use photoshop (burdens the macbook). Watch some movies or TV shows online. Code occasionally. Pretty much sums up my usage. Barely game ever since I switched to Mac's all those years ago so not a very heavy user. However I do need a giant HD since I'm always running out of space (120gb of the macbook ) and I have an aversion to external drives (own 1 TB Ext. plus others but barely use them). However I've been dying to get a new macbook but it's not an urgent need since I've got working condition machines to tide me over. I'm currently in India, so don't have the option of returning my purchase if the the cMBP gets updated. While I love the options of upgrading the cMBP which I might bump the RAM I also don't want a heavier laptop. I know lots of people upgrade the HD in the cMBP to SSD, I'm not sure if I'll do that or will be able to find something cost effective from here in India. I've found a good(?) deal on the cMBP base model (~$1225 - MD101HN/A - i5 Dual-Core 2.5 GHz CPU, 4GB RAM, 500GB 5400 RPM HD), which on other threads here have been suggested to upgrade the RAM & HD to SSD for a better machine. I've never purchased a base model anything, so its a little difficult to convince myself Would it make sense to do that or get the i7 cMBP? Will there be much difference? or will a MBA be better? With the Air I'm only skeptical about the HD (to be honest don't know much about Air's). Or is it worth splurging on the latest rMBP considering I won't buy a new macbook for atleast 3 years. Sorry if this post has been TMI, but I'm anxious about this new purchase. Thanks in Advance! Or just wait for the cMBP to be upgraded?