Dilemma

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RyderMac, Jun 3, 2011.

1. RyderMac macrumors newbie

Hi Peeps :D,

I am a student from Singapore, and I am going to enter university soon.. As such, I need a laptop for studies.. Although for my studies, most apps will be using windows, but I still want a Macbook as I love it's design and OS..

So I will be using either VM or Parallel to run both Mac OS and Windows.. And I want my machine to run games like CoD/ Battlefield smoothly..

I have two major questions as to which Macbook to buy and which software to use..

1. I am lost between Macbook Pro 15" 2.0GHz and Macbook Pro 15" 2.2 GHz.. Which one will suit my needs better?

2. VM or Parallel for Windows and Mac simultaneous use? Especially when it comes to quite harcore usuage like rogramming and games..

Thanks in advance for ur guidances! :D

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

1. If you have the money, go for the 2.2GHz as the better GPU will help in games.

2. For gaming, you will need Boot Camp as virtualization is horrible for gaming.

3. RyderMac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! But will virtualization be smooth on the lower end 15"?

4. KwanMan macrumors regular

not for gaming

5. rockinrocker macrumors 65816

rockinrocker

Virtualization has gotten a lot better, but still isn't too great for graphics intensive stuff. Older games work ok though, IME.

Bootcamp's still the best way to go though.