Dilemma

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chiefs1968, Sep 15, 2017.

1. chiefs1968 macrumors regular

I love new technology and with my series 2 SS 42mm I find it extremely hard and difficult to purchase the S3 SS with LTE.
    1. 1 Hour of talk time
    2. 3 hours of standby time
    3. 70% faster than the series 0 edition
    4. Siri talks (wow)
    5. Barometric Altimeter (yawn)

Not worth it... sticking with Series 2 42mm stainless steel

2. PhoenixDown macrumors regular

If I had a series 2, I would probably stick with that but I did grab a S3 for myself. I was hoping for more cool features like the glucose monitoring that was rumored. Hopefully if it is a band, it will be easy to add later on if it does come out.

3. Peanut207 macrumors 6502

Peanut207

Yea I'd stick with what you have and wait for next version when they improve LTE time. Plus, it's crazy to be updating our watches every year. It's bad enough we do it with our phones. Apple has us. :(

4. PhoenixDown macrumors regular

Honestly that is my biggest concern. While I am glad to see they are continuing to update the watch with yearly updates, at the same time I very much don't want to have the watch I bought go obsolete in under 2 years.

5. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

If I had an S2 I would definitely keep it and ride it out, unless LTE is to die for

I almost didn't upgrade my S0 but I think all performance enhancements and waterproof features make it worth while

6. edhchoe macrumors 6502a

edhchoe

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't ;)

I'm on a Series 0 and I almost jumped on the Series 2 last year but I never pulled the trigger. I'm basically at the same point with the 3, but given that my battery is 3 years old, I think I might be better off with a newer model.

8. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

If someone was coming from the first generation Apple Watch to the Series 3, that would be a fairly decent upgrade. But from the Series 2 to the Series 3 Apple Watch, someone would have to truly appreciate LTE to make that purchase again.

9. comptr macrumors 68000

So would you say for someone like me who has a Series Zero watch, would the Series 3 be better then the 2 ?

10. GoFlex macrumors regular

GoFlex

Does it matter if you gotta update every year? I mean if you're buying an selling you could probably get the Watch for £100 every year (Buy when it comes out for £350 and hopefully sell for £250 1 year later), if you wait 2 then that's a bigger devalue. I understand your pain though!!

11. MrGimper macrumors 603

MrGimper

3.... isn't it 70% faster than the S2, not the S0? This is a significant difference, but I would imagine not visibly as noticeable as the 50% increase from the S0 to the S2.

5... Quite a big deal if you want elevation factored into activity metrics. You should run up and down a flight of stairs for exercise and it could be recorded better.

I have the S2, which I upgraded from the S0, and I'm not upgrading to the S3. Primarily because I don't want LTE and I want a SS watch, which you can't get without LTE. Yeah, I know, don't activate LTE.... but if you look at the aluminium watch, there's a 70 price difference between LTE and non. I want a 70 cheaper SS series 3 with no LTE :)

12. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

I think going from the first generation Apple Watch to the Series 2 Apple Watch will be a significant improvement with the speed and the GPS. With the Series 3, I would just ask yourself if you would appreciate the LTE capabilities. I think those are the major differences aside from Siri having a voice and the heart rate upgrades. Also, you should be able to find some fairly good sale prices on the Series 2 once the Series 3 makes its debut.