Dillema: Buy an iMac or a MacBook?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ManuelGnR, Nov 5, 2008.

1. ManuelGnR macrumors regular

If it's a problem to post this post here, please tell me. It's not my intention to spam.
    ___

You've probably all heard this question a lot before, but, should I buy a MacBook or an iMac?

What I am going to do:
    - Dowload
    - Music, music music! =)
    - Movies
    - Maybe some 3D building creating stuff, I now use the free Google SketchUp program..
    - I would like to connect my electric guitar to it, and play on amps I can download or whatever, so plug the guitar in.
    - Some light stuff like MSN, poker, internet, text stuff (mostly for school) etc.

The iMac would be:
    20'', the cheapest model, with:
    2 or 4 GB
    wireless Mouse

The MacBook would be:
    The Cheapest Model, with:
    - Remote Control stuff, so I can control my music from anywhere in the room
    - Maybe after a while an extra lcd monitor and/or mouse/keyboard. Already got wireless (black) mouse and keyboard, not that great quality.

I would love an iMac because: The screen, cool for movies and cool because you have space. screens of internet and some kind of Word next to it.

I would love a MacBook because: The Portability ofcourse. Take it on the couch, take it downstairs, even better couch, take it to school, and I'd love to take it with me on vacation. As long as it don't get stolen. But I got to admit, I don't think I'd take it to school to often, and not very much on the couch either. But I would sometimes..

As you can hear, I don't really know what I want. Help needed.

I really appreciate any help and reactions!

P.S. I also have an CRT 17'' LG monitor. Could be connected to a MacBook I Think.

2. ManuelGnR thread starter macrumors regular

Hm, I see this topic can be moved to the ''What to buy''-Help forum.