Dim icons in iOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Benhermies, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Benhermies macrumors newbie

This is just a curiosity. Anyone know why sometimes some icons will be dimmed in iOS 7? The apps work fine and go back to full brightness after opening them. Does it mean they've been updated or something?

2. Spacial macrumors 6502

Mine are nice and bright. A bit childish looking but you can't have everything.

3. batting1000 macrumors 604

Not quite sure what you mean… :confused:

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Dim kind of like when they are in the process of being updated? Try restarting your phone.

5. mugglewump macrumors newbie

This has happened to me also, so far on my calendar, photos and camera icons. Screenshot attached so you can see how dim the photo icon is. When you open it and close it again, the icon returns to full brightness

Attached Files:

6. Sirious macrumors 65816

Sirious

I have experienced this too.
    I think its a bug, nothing to do with them being updated because updated apps are represented with a blue dot.

7. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

This used to happen on my iPhone 4 on iOS 7, doesn't happen on my 5S though.

8. R.Stoychev macrumors 6502a

R.Stoychev

Yeah, sometimes my icons dim too, they will fix it at some point :D

9. Hephaestus macrumors 6502

This happens to me quite frequently too. I find that touching the icon and returning to the home screen makes it normal again.

10. Mr Rabbit macrumors 6502a

Mr Rabbit

I've noticed it too. There doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason to it though, random as far as I can tell. Tapping the icon typically resolves it.

11. Thierry ba macrumors 6502a

Im having other bug. When deleting applications little X on the top of the app is half black sometimes. :cool:

12. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

I really thought that this would have been intentional. We all think it's a bug?

Weird. (Although I couldn't even begin to guess what it meant, so I guess it's not a very intuitive method for telling you something!)

13. mugglewump macrumors newbie

So if it's a bug, we just wait for Apple to put out another update?

I'm on the iPhone 4, using iOS 7.0.2

14. sero323 macrumors regular

Maybe its synching?? :confused:

15. Hb0905 macrumors newbie

My phone does it too and I'm very curious! It seems to do it for apps that have recently been used but that's the only thing I've noticed!

Attached Files:

16. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

The icons dim when you press them (press and hold to see). I assume it's a bug and it sometimes gets stuck in this pressed state view. Whenever I have seen this, tapping on them to launch and then returning to home screen has fixed it.

17. Ipadminiret64gb macrumors newbie

Im pretty sure this happens to everyone only that the ones who say it doesnt happen to them havent noticed it. I purchased a 64gb mini retina in January and noticed the dimming so I went to Apple and asked for a new one. Got the new one 3 days ago and its also doing it, so its definitely a bug that will most likely be fixed in the next ios update.