Dim key on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kvnrpp, Jan 29, 2012.

1. kvnrpp macrumors newbie

Just the other day I noticed that the 7 key on my MacBook Pro 2011 was more dim the others. The computer itself functions properly, however I am curious as to why this is. Could this be a design flaw? I have read of other similar instances. Some have said to just take back the laptop and request a new one completely. Is this serious?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not serious at all, and is merely a cosmetic issue. I wouldn't worry about it. Some are obsessive about imperfections, but you're better off just enjoying your Mac.

3. kvnrpp thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback. This gives me so much relief knowing that its nothing due to a defect resulting in me having to return the laptop.

4. kvnrpp, Jan 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2012

kvnrpp thread starter macrumors newbie

Picture

Here's a picture as to what I'm talking about, just for reference. As you can see, the 7 key appears to be more dim when compared to the 6 or 8 key. Maybe I'm just obsessive.[​IMG]

5. snaky69 macrumors 603

It doesn't affect the functionality of the computer in any way. Leave it be.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Maybe so.

7. simsaladimbamba

It is the same on my 2009 MBP, I guess I give it back now and exchange it for one of those Lions they have.

Naa, I hate Lions, the 7 is not worth that.