Dim Light on Bottom of Screen

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by cjm3113, Dec 8, 2008.

1. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

I just noticed (cannot say if it just started) that during the short time SMS is loading after being selected a small dim rectangular light eluminates on the bottom of mys creen dead center. It is just above the home button and disappears a second or two later when the SMS page appears.

Anybody konw what causes this or if it always does it?

2. lilapa macrumors newbie

Startup light at bottom of screen

I have this too. On reboot, there is a black screen, then a gray screen with the light at the bottom, maybe 3 inches wide and one half inch high, brighter in the center than at the edges. It is still there on the dark blue screen, then the lighter blue screen, and is barely seen with the aqua blue desktop.

It could have come in with updating 10.3.9 to 10.4.11, Panther to Tiger.

When SMART status was not verified, there was a larger purple flash on the second black screen. I think it has to do with the boot process, what files run.

I'm zeroing out my hard drive (maybe the fourth or fifth time in the last 3 weeks) because Safari is sending my credit card number out every 5 minutes, says Norton, and mail accounts that have been working are asking for their passwords until reboot fixes it for awhile. I'll run DiskWarrior first, and see what it says.