dim lights on bottom of screen + black screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by txaggster, Nov 22, 2011.

1. txaggster macrumors newbie

I noticed yesterday that i have a row of equally spaced dim spots along the bottom of the screen on my MacBook Pro 15". Additionally today, the screen has begun to flicker and go black. The screen comes back after a few seconds but it's doing it often enough to prevent me from getting ANYTHING done.

I still have a warranty on my Mac, as I only bought it May of this year, but the closest Apple store is 2.5 hours away. Anyone know what the problem is, and possibly how I can fix it on my own?

:mad:

2. Adamantoise macrumors 6502a

Take it to Apple.

With suggestions here, you might be able to remove the symptoms, but only the folks at Apple will know the root cause and the appropriate course of action.

Warranty is part of your purchase, put it to use. I wouldn't drive 2.5 hours, talk to them on the phone, they will mail you a box and ask you to send your computer to them.

3. jcrandall23 macrumors newbie

Had this happen to me with a 13" MBP. The temporary fix I found was to set the screen brightness at 100% and turn off the option to adjust it based on ambient light. But if you're still under warranty, have Apple fix / replace it.

4. txaggster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, I thought it corrected itself last with a system update, but alas this morning, it's still doing it. I guess I'm calling :apple: