Dim Screen Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hismikeness, Jun 23, 2010.

1. hismikeness macrumors regular

Ever since I upgrade to iOS4, I have had problems with my screen. Though it wasn't immediate, the next morning after upgrading my screen went dim in the middle of using the device. I put it to sleep, turned it back on, and it was bright again. It stayed that way about 45 seconds, went dim again. I don't think it has anything to do with iOS4, just coincidence.

I came home, plugged it in to the Mac, and it was bright. After charging a while, I took it off the charger, started using it, and it was bright about a minute, then went dim.

When I say the screen goes dim, it is dimmer than that stage when the screen goes to power save mode after like 2 minutes. I have to strain to see anything, or to even tell that it is on. There is "something" there, and I can recognize it as my home screen or whatever.

Anyway... does anyone have any ideas about this? Anyone experienced something similar?

I bought it in October, at Fred Meyer, but if I need to, can I return it to an Apple Store? I don't think I have the original documents (I just moved to a different town) and definitely don't have the receipt, but I'm within my year warranty.

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

3. hismikeness thread starter macrumors regular

Well that's the thing... I bought it at a Fred Meyer, moved recently to a different town many miles away, without a Fred Meyer franchise nearby, but near an Apple Store. Do I have to go to the place of purchase or will the nearby Apple Store suffice?

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

As long as its still under warranty the apple store will "suffice". :D