Diminished Photo Quality Upon iOS4 Upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Doctor-Chaotica, Jun 23, 2010.

1. Doctor-Chaotica macrumors newbie

Doctor-Chaotica

As has surely been made clear by now to even the blindest developers, the iOS 4 update has inexcusably reduced the quality of any images transferred to the iPhone, or indeed taken through it. Previously, the so-called image "optimisation" was tolerable; this is no longer the case. I am by no means unreasonable, but to create a problem this large is simply incompetence; something that, as I have made clear on a great many occasions, I will not tolerate. Furthermore, such workaround and fixes as I have been able to find thus far are entirely useless. It is, therefore, suggested that a more effective method is found, and swiftly; I shall not permit this idiocy to continue, through either fixing the problem or any alternative means.

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Thank you, Charles Dickens.

Re-sync your photos and the previews should once again be restored to their former glory, if not more so.

3. Doctor-Chaotica thread starter macrumors newbie

Doctor-Chaotica

Apple has blundered one time too many.

Indeed, I have already tried this but to no avail. For some time now, I have tolerated Apple "optimizing" photos synced from iPhoto but now their incompetence has started to effect photos taken in my iPhone's Camera Roll. Once acceptably clear photos are now diminished to a mere fraction of their former glory even right after taking a new photo.

I have now put upon this community the task at rectifying this situation or you shall all suffer a dire fate indeed.