Dimmer crashing springboard

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jfox00, Jun 29, 2011.

1. jfox00 macrumors member

I searched, haven't found anyone with this issue. Using an AT&T iPhone 4 with 4.3.2 firmware. I purchased Dimmer from Cydia, and after installation it requires a respring. After the respring, the phone is in safe mode. I tried disabling all of the SBSetting Mobile Substrates, reboots, resprings, nothing works. The only way to get the phone back working is to uninstall Dimmer. I have lockinfo installed (and several other jailbreak apps) but when disabling the lockinfo mobile substrate, problem was still prevalent. Tried to reach the developer via support forum, but haven't heard back.

Anyone out there see this, or solve it? Thanks!

2. jfox00 thread starter macrumors member

Fixed it

I was able to get help from the developer. In case anyone else comes across this issue, here was the fix. I had to do a couple reboots to get everything working, and the safety feature seems like it need fixed out of the box, otherwise a great tweak.

It sounds like you somehow obtained a corrupt license file. Use a file manager (such as iFile) to delete

/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.phoenix.dimmer.plist

3. fionakwk macrumors newbie

Please Explain Clearly

I'm still having the same problem. Can you please explain how to fix the Safe Mode crash more clearly?
    I've already downloaded iFile and deleted /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/com.phoenix.dimmer.plist but I still can't use dimmer without going into Safe Mode. Help please.

4. jfox00 thread starter macrumors member

I uninstalled dimmer.
    Used iFile to delete file mentioned.
    Rebooted.
    Installed dimmer.
    Respring and reboot.

If you are using a hacked version of dimmer, you may continue to get the same problem.

Good luck!

5. fionakwk macrumors newbie