Ding in Computer - Wanting to buy something to cover it...?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ZiegeBaby, Sep 16, 2009.

  1. ZiegeBaby macrumors newbie

    Sep 16, 2009
    Over the course of my Mac's life, it's taken on a bit of a chip in it on the inside. Just an inch under the left-side option button, there's just a bit of an indent in the computer's nice smooth silver surface.

    Although it's nothing terrible, it's just a bit of an eye sore. It's the first thing my mind ALWAYS goes to when I open up from Macbook Pro.

    I'm wondering if:

    a. there's anything I can do to fix the dent?
    b. if there is some sort of cover I can place over top of it to make it appear as if it never happened. :D

    I found THIS online.

    I was wondering if perhaps anyone knew if these "Silicone handrests" were set to the computer with an adhesive or perhaps are just rested on top of it? This is the best idea I have so far but am CERTAINLY open to any and all others.

    Thanks a lot for the help!
  2. ZiegeBaby thread starter macrumors newbie

    Sep 16, 2009
  3. brad.c macrumors 68020


    Aug 23, 2004
    50.813669°, -2.474796°
    I used a silicon skin over my old G4 PowerBooks keyboard, and it was a pain. It rested on top, and was fairly transparent. Your link looks similar, so I wonder if the ding would shine through.

Share This Page