Ding with every keystroke

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blueMRoadster, May 14, 2012.

1. blueMRoadster macrumors newbie

A ding sound will start coming out of the speakers at a random point in time and remain until I restart the machine or change settings in the Universal Access. The setting changes I make I do not believe are related to the ding. Has happened three times in the last week, and started once after my battery ran out of power.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. SisterRay macrumors regular

Are you sure its a ding, and not a beep. Beep could mean your hard drive is on its way out

3. blueMRoadster thread starter macrumors newbie

Interesting.

Yeah this one is a ding heard out of the speakers or headphones. The ding is from Windows when typing in an area that does not except key input. Turns out I was typing in an editor in OS-X (eclipse) while running Windows XP VM on Parallels. The windows desktop on my second monitor flashed when the ding started in OS-X. I switched over to Windows and closed a few applications and the ding went away. I am thinking it is a bug with Parallels as I recently took an update.

4. THmac macrumors newbie

HI,

I have the same issue and truly it is very annoying.

I am not sure what in the Parallel or VM (WIN7), is causing the Ding sounds with every key i punch, as i am not running any program on the VM. But when i shutdown the VM, the sound stops immediately. After i power up my VM again, the sounds does not comes back.